Connecting Renewable Generation
The following is the process for connecting a micro generation facility to Guelph Hydro's distribution system under the microFIT program offered by the Indpendent Electricity System Operator (IESO).
- The customer applies for a microFIT contract with the IESO.
- The customer submits an Application for Connection to the Guelph Hydro distribution network.
- The customer enters into a Connection Agreement with Guelph Hydro.
- The customer contacts Guelph Hydro's Technical Services Department by email or by phone at 519.822.3017 to schedule a site visit.
- A Guelph Hydro representative makes a site visit to confirm the location of the micro generation facility and the generation meter to be installed. The Guelph Hydro representative provides the customer with a copy of the Electrical Service Layout.
- The customer/contractor installs the micro generation facility and applies to the Electrical Safety Authority (ESA) for an electrical inspection to ensure the installation adheres to the ESA's Guidelines for Micro Generation.
- The ESA provides Guelph Hydro with the electrical inspection "Connection Authorization."
- Guelph Hydro sets up a new customer generation account and installs the new generation meter.
- Guelph Hydro informs the IESO that the connection has been made. The customer enters into a microFIT contract with the IESO. Once the IESO notifies Guelph Hydro that the microFIT contract has been executed, Guelph Hydro commences settlement of the new generation account at the microFIT contract price.
Questions? Email email@example.com